FILTREX is a User-friendly Software for Parametric Identification, Model Comparison and Optimal Sequential Sampling of Experiments of Complex Microbiological Dynamic Systems by Nonlinear Filtering. It is written in Matlab©.
IN WHICH CONTEXT YOU CAN USE FILTREX ?
In the microbiological context of modelisation of complex microbiological dynamic systems characterised by:
- One or several bacteria species leading eventually to several simultaneous dynamic equations.
- The growth or the inactivation are not directly observable.
- Sophisticated dilution and counting stepwise processes associated to several experimental errors.
- Parameter identification of the growth and inactivation models.
- Comparison and selection of these models.
- Optimal sequential sampling of experiments (three options).
FILTREX MATHEMATICAL FRAMEWORK
- A nonlinear particle filtering method based on a new nonlinear particular (nonparametrical) filtering technique using a convolution kernel approach and a particular resampling trick.
- Nonlinear autoregressive dynamic systems simultaneously defined by a stochastic state equation and an observation equation.
- Not directly observable systems.
- Non explicite likelihood function.
- No initial guesses for parameters are needed: postulated parameter intervals are only necessary (they can be broad in a first step if only very few information is available on parameters).
- The experimental errors (samplings, countings, ...) are better taken into account, and their coefficients of variation can be also estimated.
- It is based on published theoretical results (convergence, ...).
- In further releases, several species will be simultaneously considered.